When you’ve found the property you want to make your next home you’ll need to complete some paperwork. We understand that this is a big decision so we’ve tried to make the process as clear and simple as possible.
1. Reserving the property: For most of our properties we’ll ask you to pay a small admin fee (these are non-refundable) to take the property off the market. You can pay this fee in the office by cash or online. Some of our landlords prefer you to sign a contract and pay the retainer before taking the property of the market, if you call us we can let you know what you’ll need to do to secure your particular property.
2. Review the contract: You can ask to see a copy of a contract at any point but once you’ve reserved a property we give you a further 5 working days to review it, show it to parents or take it to the University for them to check over.
3. Sign the contract and pay your deposit: Once you are happy with the contract we’ll ask you to sign it in our office (or online if you prefer using an online signing service) and pay your deposit. The deposit amounts are different for each property and are normally about one months’ rent. The deposit can be paid by cash in the office or online.
4. ID and contact information: We’ll ask you to complete a contact information form either online (click here to see the form) or by hand in the office. You’ll also need to let us take a copy of your ID, either your passport or a driving licence showing your current address.
5. Guarantor form: We ask that all students select a guarantor (normally a parent or guardian) who will agree to pay your rent if you are unable to. We’ll send you a form to forward to them which they will need to complete and send back to us. We normally give them a further 7 days to complete this.
Once all of that is complete then the property is yours! It’s important that you complete all of the above within the times specified to secure the house otherwise the property may be put back on the market and any admin fees will be lost.